I’m Speaking with Shoshana, former Content Marketing Lead for Neil Patel, about content strategy for podcasters and podcast promotion through partnerships, sponsorships, collabs.
Before starting a podcast, it is important for brands to have foundational research that helps them develop a competitive content strategy. Don’t just start a podcast because it’s a cool and trendy thing to do right now, but do it because your audience will appreciate the content, consume it, and even enjoy it.
One common problem podcasters who are launching face is figuring out their audience in detail. Researching where your audience spends their time helps you understand what type of content they consume and how they like to engage.
A great way to grow your podcast and build your audience is through cross-promotion and collaboration with other podcasters. In your outreach message, try to include a lot of information on why you think you are a good fit and how both your audiences will benefit from it.
Listen in to this exciting episode as we speak about some great content marketing strategies that will help grow your podcast and build your audience.
- How to develop a competitive content strategy for your podcast (04:27)
- Figuring out your podcast audience in detail (06:23)
- Why depth not breadth is the ultimate strategy in refining your audience (08:36)
- How to use Data-driven messaging to expand your audience (10:31)
- Tips and tricks for building a content marketing team (16:07)
- Podcast promotion through partnerships and collaborations (18:37)
- Common mistakes podcasters make and how to avoid them (20:14)
- Growing your content marketing one platform at a time (22:45)