Whether you are marketing, selling, or speaking through podcasting or video platforms, having an authentic voice is CRUCIAL to making an emotional connection with your audience. I brought on Mary Chan to share how you can do this for yourself based on her 20-years of experience in radio & voice-over work!
In this episode, we explore different ways to improve your voice to deliver your message better and connect with your audience while making it enjoyable for them to listen to you.
The first thing you need to do is get out of your head and be in the moment. This simply means that you should stop thinking too much ahead. The best way to go about this is to pause to recollect your thoughts.
We talk about the best breathing techniques for a podcast. Before you start recording, you need to find your breathing and vocal range. We go through a few exercises that will help you with this.
Join our FREE Facebook Group here: PodcastSecrets.Co
- A voice is like music; people should hear you in your full melody (03:48)
- How to use silence and pauses to minimize using filler words (05:30)
- Why podcasters should never read from a script but use bullet points to organize their thoughts (08:37)
- Common mistakes people make when recording (10:56)
- Find out the best breathing technique for a podcast (14:17)
- How you can use your body to convey emotions on audio (19:10)
- How to get people’s attention with your tempo (21:21)
- Trusting in yourself and believing in what you are saying (26:16)