I am joined by Ryan, my business partner, as we break down the most common mistakes people make with interviews and how you can improve yours.
Finding good interview guests, preparing for the interview, and asking the right questions are ways you can improve your interviewing skills. You also need to make a good impression on your guests. We dive deep into how to go about this and some additional tips on how to be a good interviewer and some of the common mistakes people make.
Preparing for an interview and getting it right is a skill that you have to develop and get comfortable with. A quick tip here is to just be yourself. A lot of the preparation is mainly dependent on the subject matter and your audience.
The value you get out of interviewing people to leverage their audiences. The best way for someone who is starting is to avoid going for big people. They will never promote your podcast. Instead, go for medium-sized people and grow your way up.
Listen in to this episode to learn more about how you can be a good interviewer and avoiding common mistakes.
Join our FREE Facebook Group here: PodcastSecrets.Co
- The first thing you should know before you start interviewing (02:57)
- Best places to start looking for guests to interview (04:32)
- Picking your niche to create a passionate following (07:33)
- How to prepare for an interview (09:38)
- Some mistakes people make during interviews (12:15)
- What you need to do to get your guests to promote an episode (19:24)
- How to grow your podcast by interviewing the right people (21:58)
- How to get clients for your business through podcast interviews (23:05)