In this episode, I have on Tim Lyons to talk about how a podcast can help grow a local business and improve sales. Tim shares his insights on how podcasting has helped his businesses and some valuable tips on how best to do it.
Content is so important for local businesses to reach their marketplace and explain what they do and what problem they solve. Podcasting is an amazing way that a local business can interact with their potential customers and shine a spotlight on their problems and then show them how to solve them.
Tim advises business people that podcasting is the best medium for marketing because you have people’s attention for a longer period of time than any other medium. You may not get an instant return on investment, but it’s like building an asset where you can then always use to communicate and launch new stuff.
For businesses that have a podcast, clients who come in after listening to an episode make great clients because they already have some sort of relationship with you. Even though you don’t know them, they know you, listen to you and trust you which makes it easy to sell to them.
Click play on this episode to learn more about podcasting for local businesses and why it is such a powerful marketing tool.
Join our FREE Facebook Group here: PodcastSecrets.Co
- Why content is so important for local businesses (02:02)
- How having a co-host for your podcast helps you with the content (04:26)
- Having a dedicated studio for your podcast (05:13)
- How a local business podcast helps with customer interaction and sales (08:12)
- The return on investment for a podcast (10:28)
- Why podcasting is the best marketing medium for a business (12:57)
- Why you should have announcements at the beginning of your podcast (18:12)
- How people who come in through the podcast become great clients (22:33)